Vraag: Contacts lost after new simcard

• COATCHECKCOP

Je ziet hier hoeveel reputatiepunten COATCHECKCOP heeft ontvangen van andere leden.

is een Master Poster
    19 Reacties
    Auteur

10 augustus 2017, 18:48

- Topic starter
    I got my new SIM card for a new phone today, I was in the T mobile shop in Amsterdam today to get a prepay voucher activated as the phone menu just stops with no reason, the girl in the shop knew about this problem - this is one reason I WOULD NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER take a contract with ANY phone provider!! I DO NOT TRUST THEM!! Anyway I followed the instructions in an email for activating the new sim card and all went OK but on putting new simcard into the new phone it asked for the sim card code!!! I dont know what this is!!! so it has now blocked the card!! I just dont know what to do!!! THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!!
    I DESPISE THESE THINGS!!! what can I do??? I will call into the T mobile shop tomorrow but this really PISSES ME OFF WHY IS THIS AWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS A NIGHTMARE WITH THESE PHONES????
  • COATCHECKCOP

Je ziet hier hoeveel reputatiepunten COATCHECKCOP heeft ontvangen van andere leden.

is een Master Poster
    19 Reacties
    Auteur

10 augustus 2017, 19:06

i have got the sim card working now with the PUK code, but it is showing a time of 01:24 hours when it is in fact 1914 hours. Also I dont have any of my contacts from the previous Sim card?? how can that be?? should I keep the old sim card and take it into the shop tomorrow, I am not happy really with this at all, the simcard is working but I have none of my old contacts from the old simcard and the new card is showing a totally wrong time in the new phone!! coatcheckcop
  • COATCHECKCOP

is een Master Poster
    19 Reacties
    Auteur

10 augustus 2017, 19:41

I have got the sim card working now!!! but have lost all my contacts from the old simcard, the problem is that my old SIM card is the very large type for an old Sony walkman phone so it cant but put into the new phone which only takes a "micro" sim card, is there any way to get the contacts transferred from the old phone/SIM card to the new one?? Oh I hate these things!! thanks Coatcheckcop
  • David

Je ziet hier hoeveel reputatiepunten David heeft ontvangen van andere leden.

T-Mobile Moderator
    11366 Reacties
    Allrounder

Allrounder

Netwerk Expert

Netwerk Expert

Samsung Expert

Samsung Expert

Apple Expert

Apple Expert

Sony Expert

Sony Expert

11 augustus 2017, 09:49

Hi Coatcheckcop,

I guess we're speaking English now, instead of Dutch. Either way, you should mind your tone of voice on our forum. Speaking in caps lock and cursing is prohibited and absolutely unnecessary. The same goes for bumping your own topic with 2 replies. Please change your tone, in regards to our house rules, cause we won't allow it.

We handle questions in a chronological order, so your topic will be handled soon, but keep in mind that we won't allow this kind of behavior on our forum. Thanks in advance.
  • Issam

Je ziet hier hoeveel reputatiepunten Issam heeft ontvangen van andere leden.

T-Mobile Moderator
    11952 Reacties
    Allrounder

Allrounder

Apple Expert

Apple Expert

Samsung Expert

Samsung Expert

Netwerk Expert

Netwerk Expert

Sony Expert

Sony Expert

11 augustus 2017, 12:59

Hello Coatcheckcop,

I'm glad to see that your new simcard works. Do not lose your pin and puk code, because you will probably need them again in the future.

Your contacts were stored on your simcard. Did you synchronize your contacts with one of the services like Gmail? We advise you to always make a back-up of your contacts and data. If you lose your phone and/ or simcard, you will lose all your contacts.

You can try your old simcard in a different phone, maybe you'll still have access to your contacts.

Let us know if you succeeded and if you need any further assistance!
  • COATCHECKCOP

is een Master Poster
    19 Reacties
    Auteur

11 augustus 2017, 15:31

Hi, thanks for that, maar het probleem is dat mijn Sony W810i neemt de gewoon groot SIM kaart en het was een volledig grote SIM kaart (niet een moderne kaart in een "lijst" waar je je kunnen de kleinere, "micro" and "nano" kaart kunnen uitpersen, daarom had ik een compleet nieuwe SIM kaart van T mobiel gekregen het nieuwe toestel is een Alcatel Pixi en dat neemt alleen de "micro" SIM kaart, dus passen de grote (oude) simkaart niet in, ik heb zelf alle mijn belangrijk nummers zelf in het nieuwe toestel ingetypt (ik gebreuik de telefoon alleen voor belangrijke dingen, tandarts, huisarts, familie etc., ik heb een Engelse SOny W801i maar deze heeft het nieuwe "lijstje" soort SIM kaart en ik heb dezelfde Alcatatel Pixi om straks in Engeland de SIM kaart gebruiken in het nieuwe toestel, dus denk ik dat alles voort overgedragen naar het nieuwe toestel, maar ik doe niets totdat ik weer in Engeland ben, ik reis erg vaak dus ben heen en weer naar Engeland. bedankt Coatcheckcop OK will keep the card the new SIM card came with with the PUK and PIN code on it!!!
  • COATCHECKCOP

is een Master Poster
    19 Reacties
    Auteur

11 augustus 2017, 15:42

PS how do I make a back up of a SIM card with gmail? I have not even connected the phone to the computer yet to transfer photos etc., TOTAL DUNCE here!! thanks coatcheckcop
  • ShadowLea

Je ziet hier hoeveel reputatiepunten ShadowLea heeft ontvangen van andere leden.

Samsung Expert
    6047 Reacties
    Allrounder

Allrounder

Samsung Expert

Samsung Expert

Netwerk Expert

Netwerk Expert

15 augustus 2017, 19:11

Okay, first off. There is nothing wrong with these "Nightmare" phones. They work exactly as intended. That includes not doing anything without the device owner telling it to do something. Phones are not people, and they can't read your mind. You have to tell it what to do.

The only problem here is people playing with technology they don't understand.

If a smartphone is too complicated, perhaps a classic phone is a better option.

Proper use of grammar would also be very much appreaciated, ta.

Now, you can import phone number to your Gmail account by following these steps.

As for the wrong time, go to settings > Date & Time. Here you can either select Network Time(Which uses the mobile network to automatically set the correct time), or manually enter the time.
    Stupid questions most certainly do exist.... I'm a customer, not an employee.
  • COATCHECKCOP

is een Master Poster
    19 Reacties
    Auteur

15 augustus 2017, 19:33

it IS hard to get used to these phones, it really is!! I am learning it very slowly, got a different ring tone downloaded but now I cant find out how to alter the SMS notication tones! This is an Alcatel U5, these things are incredilbly complex, one thing can be simple, like the bell tone download but another is like a Kafka-esque maze that you NEVER get out off, I think I have transferred my contacts to my gmail email account, it says they are in my gmail account but I cant find the contacts anywhere in that email address when I look at it on the laptop!! The trouble is these things just EAT time and you are in the "maze" for literally HOURS AND DAYS and you never get anywhere!! I cant be the ONLY person who thinks this??? thanks Coatcheckcop
  • COATCHECKCOP

is een Master Poster
    19 Reacties
    Auteur

15 augustus 2017, 20:35

Ah!! I have found the back up of my phone contacts in "contacts" on my gmail account!! it is a bit complicated when you dont know what youre looking for, I was looking in google drive and all over and then when I typt in the contact@googlemail.com they appreared in my contacts in the email, thanks Coatcheckcop
    (also found how to alter the notification tones in the alcatel phone so I am getting there....... slowly!!)
  • ShadowLea

Je ziet hier hoeveel reputatiepunten ShadowLea heeft ontvangen van andere leden.

Samsung Expert
    6047 Reacties
    Allrounder

Allrounder

Samsung Expert

Samsung Expert

Netwerk Expert

Netwerk Expert

16 augustus 2017, 06:10

We all had to start somewhere. I use functionality in my phone(a Note 3) most people don't even realize exists, so sometimes it's hard to remember these things look like astrophysics to anyone who's new to them.

If it helps, this is the full user manual for the U5: Click Here

There's some helpful info in there. (Including where to change things like the ringtone) They don't include these manuals anymore these days, but you can usually still find them on the official website. If you'd prefer a language other than English, here's the link to the page: Click Here
    You can select which one you'd like in the box below "User Manual", and click the blue icon with the downward arrow to open it.

If you're used to computers, a quick tip: Long press on most things works like the right mouse button. And most settings are usually under a button that looks like either three dots below eachother, or three horizontal stripes below eachother.

Here are some useful guides to Android Smartphones for new users: Click Here
    Stupid questions most certainly do exist.... I'm a customer, not an employee.
  • COATCHECKCOP

is een Master Poster
    19 Reacties
    Auteur

16 augustus 2017, 11:16

OK thanks for that, I am getting there very slowly, had a "sync" thing keep appearing which I think I have got rid of, kept saying I had deleted too many contacts (because I kept copying them to the gmail email address so many times it must have duplicated them in the phone contacts too) trouble is I dont know what I am actually "doing" - I just follow the instructions but I "intuitively" understand what is really going on. I unticked the sync tab in accounts as it says it saves battery life but I will have to sync things manually if I add things to the phone (which is unlikely as I only use it on free wifi hotspots and dont really need to download anything else, thanks Coatcheckcop
  • Eans1125

Je ziet hier hoeveel reputatiepunten Eans1125 heeft ontvangen van andere leden.

heeft eerste post geplaatst
    2 Reacties

27 oktober 2017, 12:49

COATCHECKCOP schreef:

I got my new SIM card for a new phone today, I was in the T mobile shop in Amsterdam today to get a prepay voucher activated as the phone menu just stops with no reason, the girl in the shop knew about this problem - this is one reason I WOULD NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER take a contract with ANY phone provider!! I DO NOT TRUST THEM!! Anyway I followed the instructions in an email for activating the new sim card and all went OK but on putting new simcard into the new phone it asked for the sim card code!!! I dont know what this is!!! so it has now blocked the card!! I just dont know what to do!!! THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!!
    I DESPISE THESE THINGS!!! what can I do??? I will call into the T mobile shop tomorrow but this really PISSES ME OFF WHY IS THIS AWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS A NIGHTMARE WITH THESE PHONES????

You need to restore lost contacts as soon as possible ,While they're not covered by other data,
    Generally speaking, the mobile phone has two place to save phone data , Android internal memory and SD card ,you can restore Android contacts by scanning internal memory and SD card

Reageer op dit bericht

Bezig met uploaden:
0%
Bladeren
Als de URL correct is, zal hier een voorbeeld verschijnen. Grote afbeeldingen duren soms iets langer voordat deze geladen zijn.
Afbeeldingen (0)
Video (0)
Emoticons
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)